It depends how dedicated you are. The simplest things you can do are:
- Vote accordingly in the 2010 municipal elections, by supporting councillors who will advance the cause of cyclists in Ottawa.
- Mail your city councillor to express your concerns. You could mail Bay ward city councillor email@example.com, or mayor firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage you to use your own words, but here are some examples:
I'm concerned about the safety of drivers and cyclists on the western section of Carling. The shoulders of the road needs to be properly paved and marked as a bike lane, and there needs to be a solution to the narrow train bridge underpass.
- My Name
If you want to get more involved:
- Send us a story about any incidents you've had there on the feedback page
- Send us photos, corrections or other concerns for this site. See the Contact us page
- If you care to support this financially, even $2, I'll happily put it towards posters and other advertising:
If you're running for city council for a ward or as mayor:
- Contact me. If you're committing to fix this as part of your platform, I'll endorse you.